Tag: Abhi Nandan
DG ISPR Asif Ghafoor tweeted twice about an Australian Batsman Usman Khuwaja after he made a century in one match and 91 in another match against India.For all those who missed out on all the political colours of cricket this piece will walk you right through. So who is Usman Khuwaja and why did the DG tweet about him. ItRead More
- Covid-19 News: Live Updates September 18, 2020The country becomes one of the few to impose a second nationwide lockdown. In the U.S., Joe Biden tries to focus the campaign on President Trump’s virus performance.
- Israelis Prepare to Celebrate the Year’s Holiest Days Under Lockdown September 18, 2020As the pandemic in the country worsens, officials warn that new restrictions might not be enough to cut infection rates significantly. Many people question the logic and motives behind the rules.Isabel Kershner
- Cyclone Ianos, a Rare 'Medicane,' Batters Ionian Islands of Greece September 18, 2020Ianos, a rare hurricane-strength Mediterranean storm, slammed into Greece’s western islands, bringing lashing rain and gales.Megan Specia
- Trump Again Scorns Science on Masks and Vaccines September 18, 2020President Trump urged Republicans to “go for the much higher numbers” in stalled negotiations over another economic recovery package, undercutting his party’s push for a bare-bones plan.
- C.D.C.’s Contentious Testing Guidance on Covid-19 Was Not Written by Its Scientists September 18, 2020Joe Biden is trying to focus the election on President Trump’s coronavirus response. The global caseload passed 30 million. New Zealand recorded no new cases for the first time in weeks.
- UK coronavirus live: R number increases to between 1.1 and 1.4; Welsh leader slams 'vacancy at heart of UK' September 18, 2020New infections growing by 2% to 7% daily; Mark Drakeford has had one talk with PM since May; Scotland given ‘advance notice of hard decisions’Stricter restrictions imposed in Lancashire, Merseyside and Warrington‘Circuit break’ plans for England to prevent new lockdownTest and trace: how does UK compare with other countries?London New Year’s Eve fireworks cancelled, says […]Aamna Mohdin (now) and Amelia Hill (earlier)
- Coronavirus live news: Iran in grip of 'third wave' of Covid pandemic; Israel begins second lockdown September 18, 2020New infections in Iran pass more than 3,000 a day again; Israel enters unpopular new lockdown ahead of Jewish holidaysCovid cases pass 30m worldwide as Biden offers vaccine reality checkTest and trace: how do countries compare?Jewish pilgrims blocked from entering Ukraine over Covid fearsUS: testing guidelines ‘watered down despite internal objections’UK coronavirus updates – live […]Damien Gayle (now); Matthew Weaver and Helen Sullivan (earlier)
- 'He’s paying attention to people like us': Trump’s messages resonate in Wisconsin September 18, 2020Trump’s usual script played well at a rally Thursday, but data suggests support for the president isn’t growing in the stateWith 47 days to go until the election, Air Force One flew into central Wisconsin’s airport on Thursday evening, where Donald Trump pitched himself as the lone figure standing between Americans and leftwing radicals bent […]Mario Koran in Mosinee
- UK government faces legal action over 'moonshot' Covid testing project September 18, 2020Good Law Project says plans ignore scientific evidence and break value-for-money rulesThe UK government is facing legal action over Boris Johnson’s “moonshot” project, which could involve up to £100bn being spent on an attempt to increase Covid-19 testing capacity to 10m per day.The health secretary, Matt Hancock, and the minister for the Cabinet Office, Michael […]Robert Booth Social affairs correspondent
- Mutant virus: should we be worried that Sars-CoV-2 is changing ? September 18, 2020Scientists tracking the virus have uncovered a major mutation, but it may not be as scary as it sounds Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageScientists have had eyes on Sars-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, since the beginning of this pandemic.They can see it is evolving, but it is happening at a glacial […]Laura Spinney
- Ask Kim Kierkegaardashian: Gulfstreaming the Emotional Distance September 18, 2020The humorous advice columnist Kim Kierkegaardashian answers a reader’s question about how to cope with an emotionally distant boyfriend during social distancing.Kim Kierkegaardashian
- “Kajillionaire” Challenges Miranda July’s Aptitude for Whimsy September 18, 2020Starring Evan Rachel Wood and Gina Rodriguez, July’s film radiates a transcendentalism of the humdrum, Anthony Lane writes.Anthony Lane
- The New York Film Festival Goes Virtual September 18, 2020Highlights include the New York première of Chloé Zhao’s drama “Nomadland,” starring Frances McDormand, and the world premières of the first three installments of Steve McQueen’s “Small Axe.”
- Rice Is Both Culture and Comfort at FieldTrip September 18, 2020Hannah Goldfield on JJ Johnson’s Harlem restaurant, which offers multicultural rice bowls inspired by dishes such as West African jollof, with a neon-pink version of a Rice Krispie treat (spiked with dragon-fruit juice) for dessert and sake juice boxes.Hannah Goldfield